COVID-19 Return to School Planning Resources
The Center for Ecoliteracy convened a special COVID-19 Task Force with school nutrition leaders from the California Food for California Kids® Network to identify key priorities and planning needs for California's school districts during the pandemic. As districts prepare for a return to school and the upcoming 2020–2021 school year, use this resource for the following:
- Meal Service Scenarios. Plan for different meal service program scenarios, depending upon the return to school models your district is considering.
- Operational Changes. Identify key operational changes that you'll be modifying from your 2019 service.
- Stakeholder Map. Track waivers and support for different meal service program scenarios.
- Reopening Protocols. Plan for the reopening of school food services and tailor to your district's needs.
- Additional Planning Resources. National and California-specific resources are gathered to support your additional planning needs.
NATIONAL PLANNING RESOURCES
- School Nutrition Association: COVID-19 Thought Starters on Reopening Schools for SY2020–21
- Centers for Disease Control: Considerations for Schools
- Centers for Disease Control: Child Care, Schools, and Youth Programs
- United States Department of Agriculture: FNS Response to COVID-19
CALIFORNIA-SPECIFIC PLANNING RESOURCES
- California Department of Education: Stronger Together: A Guidebook for the Safe Reopening of California’s Public Schools
- California Department of Public Health: COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Schools and School Based Programs
- California Department of Public Health: COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Dine-In Restaurants
- Center for Ecoliteracy: COVID-19 Emergency Meal Service Resources
- LunchAssist: COVID-19 Resources